Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Fundraising for Introverts (a.k.a. "PLEASE- don't make me host a gala ball.")

I've got to pick up the pace to have any hope of raising $50,000 by my 50th birthday, so I asked some fundraising friends for advice on things I might try.


My mouth went dry and my palms started to sweat.  I don't go to parties! I am terrible at small talk! I live in sweat pants! So I'm trying something new:


Help me raise $50,000 by my 50th birthday, and I will NOT hold a gala ball, cocktail party, or golf tournament. No caterers or facilities taking a chunk of the proceeds. Just you and me, helping children who cannot help themselves.  Will you NOT attend?

-------   To receive YOUR "Get Out of Gala Balls Free" card:   -------

Make a donation to Books for Keeps, with "Mel's 50th" in the memo line. Donate online or by check. (PO Box 49761 Athens, GA 30604.)  Then kick back and relax in the knowledge that no gala ball invitation will arrive in your mailbox - and that you've done something good to help children in need.

No comments: